Sunday 21 August 2016

All Terriers. New Artwork.

 With the Ashwell Show fast approaching I am still busily completing as much artwork as possible, I had a bit of a layoff when partaking in some DIY having just put our house on the market, for a move to Norfolk. My first piece was a pencil drawing of a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, which I decided to name "Buster".
 A couple of times people had suggested painting a Jack Russell and being a popular breed I decided it had to be added to the dog list! I was very happy how it turned out and seemed to complete it in quick time also, or so it seemed. I named this piece "Patch".
 My 3rd piece which I have finished just this afternoon, is a English Bull Terrier which I have named "Archie". I like to give the painting/drawing a name as it gives it character and brings it to life I think. This took me approximately 3 days, but was one I had wanted to do for some time. And over the previous couple of days my wife, Sarah, and I had been in Norfolk house hunting and whilst in Holt we were lucky enough to bump into a couple with a English Bull Terrier, we couldn't resist stopping to talk to them and I just had to get a picture on my phone to help me with the "Bull" painting in progress. But "Stanley", as pictured here below, was just too lovely not to warrant a painting and so I shall be adding it to my list and cannot wait to get started on it....have to complete other work first though.